"The 100 Thing Challenge is a worldwide grass-roots movement in which people are limiting their material possessions in order to free up physical and mental and spiritual space. People who were once "stuck in stuff" are empowered to live joyful and thoughtful lives."
While I like the idea in theory, I'm not sure I can put it into practice. But the piece made me think about what I could do without around our house. Things like the lamps in our bedroom, which were perfect for our large house in Bucks County, Penn., but are too big for our little townhouse. So I put them on Craigslist, and they sold within 12 hours of putting them up.
Then I thought, wait a minute...we need money to pay for a lot of the costs from IVF and the surrogate process. We've already got a couple of links in the right rail of this site (to a great cookbook and Restaurant.com) to help defray costs. I began looking around our house, and soon there were 4 neat piles of stuff: trash, Craigslist, eBay, and donations. (John drew the line at me selling my wedding ring set.)
So if you want to take a look at some Classic Pooh (as in Winnie the Pooh) figurines and statues, as well as some other stuff. I'll soon be putting up stuff from ComicCon, but here's what's up there for now (my full listings are here):
- NEW! Padres Everth Cabrera Limited Edition Bobblehead
- NEW! Lenox Classics Fine China Wedding Memory Music Box
- NEW! Lenox Collection Irish Blessing Salt & Pepper Set
- Lenox Disney Classic Winnie the Pooh June Bday Statue
- Lenox Classic Winnie the Pooh Crystal Salt & Pepper Set
- Lenox Treasures Classic Winnie the Pooh Honey Figurine
- Portsmouth New Hamphire Jigsaw Puzzle (300 pieces)
I'm thinking of it as a virtual bake sale!
Oh, if you're interested in the 100 Thing Challenge, you can pre-order it at Amazon.